Wednesday 29 October 2014

Rich baby blanket

How lovely do the colours of this crochet baby blanket fade from one to another.


I was asked to make a crochet baby blanket for a little boy.

I thought about making a blanket which would have a slight rough effect but still soft and cudly to hug and hold your baby close.

I decided to use DC's and HDC's. I made 4 rows of DC's and then changed to 2 HDC's, using back-loops only. (US crochet terms)
This way the fabric creates a rib pattern in the blanket.
The edging is a SC at the long ends and a HDC at the short ends.  (twice) This gives it its finishing touch.





I used the same yarn as used in my Fairy Tale Cowl, Ice Yarn Donna. A lovely acrylic yarn.
With it I used a 5.5mm crochet hook. Finished size: 1.00 x 1.00m
The fabric feels thick and rich, perfect for a baby boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment